Jeffrey A. Quinlan
CEO & Editor-in-Chief
Jeffrey Quinlan is the CEO and Editor-in-Chief of Bariatric Surgery Source (“BSS”), having founded the organization in 2008. Prior to starting BSS, Jeff spent 10 years as an employee benefits consultant at Cigna Healthcare, a global health service company, and The Precept Group, a national employee benefits consulting, administration, and retirement plan services
firm. Jeff’s focus as a consultant was data-backed workforce health improvement and wellness initiatives to control health care costs and increase employee productivity. This focus is what sparked his interest in bariatric surgery. He served on the
Board of Directors for the Northern California Employee Benefits Council and was a frequent speaker and continuing education instructor for the Northern California Human Resources Association.
Jeff spent the first two years at BSS researching and writing the equivalent of a 400 page medical textbook on bariatric surgery. After completing the book, he recruited top professionals across the bariatric industry to review and amend each chapter.
He then reorganized and published the content as free, publicly available web pages on BSS. Since initial publication, he has continued to oversee the research, review, and publication of content relating to all aspects of bariatric surgery.
Jeff received a B.S. in Business Administration, graduating Cum Laude from the Orfalea College of Business at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
Connect with Jeff:
Articles on Bariatric Surgery Source
- 4 Ways to Reduce Your Bariatric Surgery Cost
- Bariatric Surgery Insurance – How to Get Your Surgery Covered
- Bariatric Surgery Videos for Each Type of Weight Loss Surgery
- Does Fast Food Cause Obesity?
- Financing Weight Loss Surgery – All You Need to Know
- Free Weight Loss Surgical Procedures – Are They Possible?
- Gastric Balloon Cost, Insurance & Discounts
- Gastric Balloon Reviews – The Patient Perspective
- Gastric Bypass Before and After Pictures & How Life Will Change
- Gastric Bypass Forum, Lap Band Forums & Other Top Bariatric Surgery Forums
- Gastric Bypass Requirements – How to Qualify and Insurance
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Cost – As Low as $0, But Average Is $3,500
- Gastric Sleeve Before and After Pictures and What You Can Expect
- Gastric Sleeve Cost – Ranges from $0 to $20,000+
- Gastric Sleeve Reviews: Hear From Other Patients
- Gastric Sleeve Success Rate – How Much Weight Will You Lose?
- Gastric Sleeve Testimonials – What People Are Saying
- How the Metabolic Set Point Theory Affects Your Weight Loss Goals
- LAP-BAND Surgery Cost in 2018 – Starts at $3,500
- Medicare & Weight Loss Surgery – All You Need to Know
- Obamacare Weight Loss Surgery Coverage by State
- Obesity Discrimination: Definition, the 4 Major Types, & How to Address Each Type
- Secured Medical Loans – Pros & Cons
- The Best Free Diet Journals
- The Causes of Obesity & How You Can Address Them
- The Gastric Balloon Pill – A Guide For Non-Surgical Weight Loss
- The Human Obesity Virus & How It Affects You
- Unsecured Medical Loans – Comparing Brokers, Lenders & Credit Cards
- Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico – 9 Things You Should Know
- Weight Loss Surgery Insurance Secrets: Revised List
Expert Responses on Bariatric Surgery Source
- Can You Still Drink Alcohol After Bariatric Surgery?
- Cheating on Pre-Op Diet Before Weight Loss Surgery
- Denied for sleeve trying for lap band, has anyone had any success in similar situation?
- Do autoimmune diseases disqualify me from weight loss surgery?
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery After Failed Lap Band Surgery
- How I eat at two years post op Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
- How long to keep the band in after it is deemed ineffective?
- How to get insurance to pay for weight loss surgery
- I Need Help Paying for Weight Loss Surgery
- I need weight loss surgery but can’t afford it
- Insurance Company Covers Bariatric Surgery But Denied Me
- Pre-Gastric Sleeve Calorie Intake — Set Point Theory
- Smoking after lap band surgery – what happens?
- Super Weight Loss Surgery Success (After Duodenal Switch Surgery)
- What can happen if you eat solid foods a week after weight loss surgery?
- Will Bowel Movements Change After Gastric Bypass?