Jeffrey A. Quinlan
CEO & Editor-in-Chief
Jeffrey Quinlan is the CEO and Editor-in-Chief of Bariatric Surgery Source (“BSS”), having founded the organization in 2008. Prior to starting BSS, Jeff spent 10 years as an employee benefits consultant at Cigna Healthcare, a global health service company, and The Precept Group, a national employee benefits consulting, administration, and retirement plan services firm. Jeff’s focus as a consultant was data-backed workforce health improvement and wellness initiatives to control health care costs and increase employee productivity. This focus is what sparked his interest in bariatric surgery. He served on the Board of Directors for the Northern California Employee Benefits Council and was a frequent speaker and continuing education instructor for the Northern California Human Resources Association.
Jeff spent the first two years at BSS researching and writing the equivalent of a 400 page medical textbook on bariatric surgery. After completing the book, he recruited top professionals across the bariatric industry to review and amend each chapter. He then reorganized and published the content as free, publicly available web pages on BSS. Since initial publication, he has continued to oversee the research, review, and publication of content relating to all aspects of bariatric surgery.
Jeff received a B.S. in Business Administration, graduating Cum Laude from the Orfalea College of Business at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
Connect with Jeff:
Articles on Bariatric Surgery Source
- 119 Insurance Companies That Cover Bariatric Surgery in the United States
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Cost – As Low as $0, But Average Is $3,500
- Bariatric Surgery Insurance – How to Get Your Surgery Covered
- Gastric Sleeve Cost – Ranges from $0 to $20,000+
- Gastric Sleeve Vs LAP-BAND® – All You Need to Know
- Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico – 9 Things You Should Know
- Do I Qualify For Weight Loss Surgery? Frequently Asked Questions
- LAP-BAND Surgery Cost in 2018 – Starts at $3,500
- Gastric Sleeve Reviews: Hear From Other Patients
- The Gastric Balloon Pill – A Guide For Non-Surgical Weight Loss
- Secured Medical Loans – Pros & Cons
- Gastric Balloon Reviews – The Patient Perspective
- Financing Weight Loss Surgery – All You Need to Know
- Scars from Gastric Sleeve Surgery – How Your Stomach Will Look
- Obesity and Genetics: Is It Possible to Overcome Your Genetics?
- Gastric Bypass Alternative – Pills, Diets & Other Procedures
- The Best Free Diet Journals
- The Causes of Obesity & How You Can Address Them
- Bariatric Surgery Videos for Each Type of Weight Loss Surgery
- The Human Obesity Virus & How It Affects You
- Gastric Balloon Cost, Insurance & Discounts
- 4 Ways to Reduce Your Bariatric Surgery Cost
- Unsecured Medical Loans – Comparing Brokers, Lenders & Credit Cards
- Obesity Discrimination: Definition, the 4 Major Types, & How to Address Each Type
- Child Obesity Statistics & Teenage Obesity Statistics: 1963 to Present
- How the Metabolic Set Point Theory Affects Your Weight Loss Goals
- Gastric Bypass Forum, Lap Band Forums & Other Top Bariatric Surgery Forums
- Health Insurance Appeal Letters & The Appeals Process – All You Need to Know
- Does Fast Food Cause Obesity?
- Gastric Sleeve Testimonials – What People Are Saying
- Medicare & Weight Loss Surgery – All You Need to Know
- Weight Loss Surgery Insurance Secrets: Revised List
- Free Weight Loss Surgical Procedures – Are They Possible?
- Obamacare Weight Loss Surgery Coverage by State
- Local Bariatric Surgery Pages
Expert Responses on Bariatric Surgery Source
- Can You Still Drink Alcohol After Bariatric Surgery?
- Cheating on Pre-Op Diet Before Weight Loss Surgery
- Denied for sleeve trying for lap band, has anyone had any success in similar situation?
- Do autoimmune diseases disqualify me from weight loss surgery?
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery After Failed Lap Band Surgery
- How I eat at two years post op Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
- How long to keep the band in after it is deemed ineffective?
- How to get insurance to pay for weight loss surgery
- I Need Help Paying for Weight Loss Surgery
- I need weight loss surgery but can’t afford it
- Insurance Company Covers Bariatric Surgery But Denied Me
- Pre-Gastric Sleeve Calorie Intake — Set Point Theory
- Smoking after lap band surgery – what happens?
- Super Weight Loss Surgery Success (After Duodenal Switch Surgery)
- What can happen if you eat solid foods a week after weight loss surgery?
- Will Bowel Movements Change After Gastric Bypass?
Request a Free Insurance Check
Fill out the below form for a free insurance check performed in partnership with your local bariatric surgeon.