Dr. Troy LaMar, MD
Dr. Troy LaMar is a general surgeon in Arcadia, California and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Huntington Memorial Hospital and Methodist Hospital of Southern California. Dr. LaMar specializes in general surgery, bariatric surgery, colon & rectal surgery, and minimally invasive surgery.
For more information on Dr. Troy LaMar, visit his LinkedIn profile.
Dr. LaMar received his Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Southern California in 1986 where he was also a member of the Men’s Basketball team from 1982-1986. After graduating Dr. LaMar also served as the USC Men’s Basketball team’s Assistant Strength and Condition Coach from 1986-1988.
In 1988 Dr. LaMar began his medical degree from University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, which he completed in 1992.
About Our Medical Advisory Council & Contributors
Nothing is more important than your health, so it is critical that health information you use comes from only the most trusted sources. All health information included on the Bariatric Surgery Source website has been written or thoroughly reviewed by practicing healthcare professionals, which includes highly respected bariatric surgeons, nurses, and dietitians across the United States, Canada, and Australia
Expert Responses on Bariatric Surgery Source
- After Gastric Bypass I Feel Like I Have a Hair Ball in My Throat
- Bariatric Surgery New Patient Diet Questions
- Best Pill for Bad-Smelling Gas
- Burning Stomach 7 Days After Duodenal Switch
- Can you lose so much weight that the port becomes too long?
- Can’t get a perfect lap band adjustment
- Cheated on Pre-Bariatric Surgery Diet
- Chronic Diarrhea After Duodenal Switch (DS) Surgery
- Chronic Hunger After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Cord from port to lap band entangled her bowel
- Cost Range of a Gastric Bypass Revision
- Curing Side Effects 27 Years After Vertical Banded Gastroplasty (VBG)
- Dental problems after gastric bypass surgery
- Dilated esophagus and achalasia after lap band surgery
- Eating Seeds & Nuts After RNY Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Enlarged Pouch and Distal Migration of Lap Band
- Excessive Gas 8 Months After Lap Band Surgery
- Exercise for Weight Loss Surgery Patients
- Feeling hungry less than a week after gastric bypass surgery – is this normal?
- Food stays in my throat and espohagus after lap band surgery
- Gained Back 40 Pounds in 8 Years Since Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Gastric Bypass Patient Iron Supplementation for Anemia
- Gastric Bypass Vs. Gastric Sleeve with GERD Symptoms Present
- Gastric Pouch Emptying Too Fast & Gaining Weight Back
- Hair growth problems 10 years after duodenal switch surgery
- Hair Loss After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Help with Liquid Pre-Op Diet
- Help me STOP losing too much weight after DS surgery!
- Heartburn and acid reflux after lap band surgery with no weight loss
- Honey in Bariatric Diet?
- Is converting the gastric sleeve to the gastric bypass an effective solution to chronic gastritis and GERD?
- Not Enough Weight Loss 3 Months After Gastric Bypass?
- Lack of energy after gastric bypass surgery
- Lap band patient vomiting blood and stomach pain
- Lap Band Port and Band Not Connected
- Patient Experience: Weight Regain After Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Servere burning and pain when I eat and drink 7 years after lap band surgery
- Smoking after lap band surgery – what happens?
- Sometimes unable to keep down liquids after lap band surgery
- Taking Appetite Suppressants Before Bariatric Surgery
- Time for Revision Surgery from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve?
- Trying to reverse the weight regain after gastric bypass surgery
- Weak, Lethargic, Tired & Depressed After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Weight Loss Plateau 10 Months After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Weight Loss Stopped 1 Week After Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Weight regain after bariatric surgery – how to get back on track
- Weight Regain After Lap Band Surgery
- Why NOT to Drink From a Straw After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Wife Losing Too Much Weight & Can’t Keep Food Down Since Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- X-Ray Shows Free-Floating Staples in Abdomen 27 Years After Bariatric Surgery