The minimum requirements to qualify for gastric sleeve surgery include:
- A body mass index (BMI) of 40 or more, OR
- A BMI between 30 and 39.9 with a serious obesity-related health problem like diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, joint problems, and many others
However, protocols are a bit more stringent if you want insurance to pay, such as requiring a 35+ BMI and a completed medically supervised weight loss program.
Patients who qualify for gastric sleeve surgery usually:
- Are at least 80 lbs (36 kg) overweight
- Are between 18 and 75 years old
- Have a history of failed weight loss attempts (example: failed diets)
- Thoroughly understand that the procedure is just a tool; your long-term success requires you to make significant diet and lifestyle changes
Read the sections below to learn everything you need to know about qualifying for gastric sleeve surgery.
Are you ready to start your journey?Click Here to Request a Free Insurance Check
EVOLVE WEIGHT LOSS EXPERTS
Before and after weight loss success
Individual results may vary
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Click on any of the topics below to jump directly to that section