Dr. Alberto Aceves
Dr. Alberto Aceves founded the Mexicali Bariatric Center (MBS) in 2003 and served as the lead surgeon of MBS until his too-early death in 2014. At his time at MBS, Dr. Aceves performed over 6,000 procedures on patients from Mexico, the United States, Canada, and around the world.
Dr. Aceves was trained in all of the main bariatric procedures, including the gastric band, gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, and the duodenal switch. He gave many lectures at seminars and conferences, including the Expert Consensus Meeting for Gastric Sleeve Surgery. He was also a proctor for Johnson and Johnson, teaching other surgeons to perform the gastric sleeve procedure.
About Our Medical Advisory Council & Contributors
Nothing is more important than your health, so it is critical that health information you use comes from only the most trusted sources. All health information included on the Bariatric Surgery Source website has been written or thoroughly reviewed by practicing healthcare professionals, which includes highly respected bariatric surgeons, nurses, and dietitians across the United States, Canada, and Australia.
Expert Responses on Bariatric Surgery Source
- Back to pre-op liquid bariatric diet after weight regain?
- Bad Acid Reflux 1.5 Years After Lap Band Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery & MS or Other Neurological Conditions
- Ever Heard of Lap Band Port Coming Through Stomach Wall?
- Excessive Diarrhea After Gastric Bypass
- Feeling of Something Twisting Inside After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Gastric Bypass Patient Gets Hiccups After Eating
- Headache Immediately After Eating – Caused By Weight Loss Surgery?
- Heartburn After Lap Band Surgery
- Is Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery a Good Option?
- Is Your Gastric Bypass Pouch Still Working Properly?
- Lap band flipped or moved after fill
- Light-headed and dizzy after gastric bypass surgery
- Liver Enzymes Elevated After Weight Loss Surgery?
- Long-Term Solution After Failed Lap Band
- Paraesophageal Hernia After Duodenal Switch Gastric Reduction
- RNY Gastric Bypass After Lap Band Surgery
- Slipped Band – How Do You Know?
- Spasms & Fainting Spells After Lap Band Surgery
- Vomiting after lap band fill
- Weight Loss Surgery for Morbidly Obese Patient That Does Not Overeat
Request a Free Insurance Check
Fill out the below form for a free insurance check performed in partnership with your local bariatric surgeon.