Dr. Gilberto Ungson
Table of Contents
- Has performed over 5,000 bariatric procedures and more than 10,000 total laparoscopic procedures
- Previous President of the Mexican College of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
- Belongs to the International Federal for the Surgery of Obesity, the Mexican College of Surgeons, and the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- First Surgeon in Mexico to Perform the Duodenal Switch Procedure
Dr. Gilberto Ungson is the head bariatric surgeon at the Mexicali Bariatric Center in Mexicali, Mexico. He is a leading expert in the Duodenal Switch procedure in Mexico, being the first surgeon in the country to have performed the procedure.
In addition to his duties for Mexicali Bariatric Center, Dr. Ungson is also a Professor of Bariatric and Laparoscopic Surgery and Head of the Department of Health for the State of Sonora in Mexico. He also is the Director of Obesity Surgery and Diabetes Clinic for the CIMA Hermosillo Hospital, also in Sonora.
Dr. Ungson belongs to several prestigious organizations including the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO), Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery, and the the Mexican College of Surgeons. He also served as the President of the Mexican College of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery.
Dr. Ungson earned his medical degree from the Universidad Autónoma De Guadalajara and was a resident at IMSS in Guadalajara Jalisco from 1979-1985. He also completed a Fellowship in Endoscopy of the Superior Digestive Tract at the Instituto Nacional de Cancerología (INCAN) in 1994.
About Our Medical Advisory Council & Contributors
Nothing is more important than your health, so it is critical that health information you use comes from only the most trusted sources. All health information included on the Bariatric Surgery Source website has been written or thoroughly reviewed by practicing healthcare professionals, which includes highly respected bariatric surgeons, nurses, and dietitians across the United States, Canada, and Australia
Expert Responses on Bariatric Surgery Source
- Burping, Hungry & No Bowel Movements After Gastric Sleeve
- Rapid Refill of Lap Band After Draining
- Stomach Pain 3 Months After Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Acid Reflux & Dry Scratchy Throat Years After Lap Band Surgery
- New Gurgling Sound in Throat & Stomach for Lap Band Patient
- Follow Up Care with a Local Surgeon After Bariatric Surgery In Mexico
- Bariatric Surgery for Obese 13 Year