More than 1 out of every 5 adults in Washington, DC is considered obese. While this rate is relatively low compared to the national average, it is still alarmingly high compared to DC’s 13% rate in the mid-90’s.
Many insurance plans in the area cover the most popular weight loss surgery procedures including gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, and Lap-Band, as long as your specific policy includes it. Out-of-pocket costs without insurance are lower than the national average.
Gastric sleeve info for Washington, DC:
- The sleeve is performed just under 2,000 times per year in the DC Area
- At least 7 weight loss surgeons to choose from within 25 miles of The Mall
- As long as your plan includes bariatric surgery, the gastric sleeve is almost always covered
- Costs $3,500 with insurance, on average
- Without insurance, gastric sleeve costs about $18,000, but make sure to ask your surgeon about discounts
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Click on any of the topics below to jump directly to that section