Dr. Marc Bessler, MD
Table of Contents
- New York Magazine’s Top Doctors, 2005-2016
- United States Surgical Professor of Surgery at Columbia University
- Blakernore Prize for Excellence in Surgical Research, June 1996
Dr. Marc Bessler is the United States Surgical Professor of Surgery at Columbia University Medical Center and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Bessler’s clinical specializes in surgical management of morbid obesity, gastroesophageal reflux disease, laparoscopic surgery of the stomach, esophagus and hernia surgery, and natural orifice surgery.
For more information on Dr. Marc Bessler, visit his LinkedIn profile.
About Our Medical Advisory Council & Contributors
Nothing is more important than your health, so it is critical that health information you use comes from only the most trusted sources. All health information included on the Bariatric Surgery Source website has been written or thoroughly reviewed by practicing healthcare professionals, which includes highly respected bariatric surgeons, nurses, and dietitians across the United States, Canada, and Australia.
- Increased tumor establishment and growth after open vs laparoscopic surgery in mice may be related to differences in postoperative T-cell function
- Wound tensile strength and contraction rate are not affected by laparotomy or pneumoperitoneum
- Increased tumor establishment and growth after open vs laparoscopic bowel resection in mice
- Peritoneal irrigation with povidone-iodine solution after laparoscopic-assisted splenectomy significantly decreases port-tumor recurrence in a murine model
- Relationship between surgeon volume and adverse outcomes after RYGB in Longitudinal Assessment of Bariatric Surgery (LABS) study
- Also featured in The New Yorker, the New York Times, and ABCNews
Expert Responses on Bariatric Surgery Source
- Bariatric Surgery and Depression
- Lap Band Slippage Symptoms
- Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery – What’s Wrong with it?
- Still Vomiting 5 Years After Lap Band
- Collapsing Feeling in Lower Left Side During Difficult Bowel Movements
- GERD after the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (Gastric Sleeve)
- How long to keep the band in after it is deemed ineffective?
- Weight loss will not stop after mini gastric bypass surgery
- Port Incision Won’t Close After Lap Band Surgery
- Vomit 3 to 4 times per day 1.5 years after gastric banding