Dr. Chris Cobourn, MD, FRCS(C)
Table of Contents
- Chief of Surgery at Trillium Health Centre from 1995-2006
- Member of the Canadian Obesity Network and American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons
- Belongs to several professional organizations including the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders, the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery, the Canadian Association of Bariatric Physicians and Surgeons and others
- CEO of Smartshape Weight Loss Centre, Canada’s first Centre of Excellence in Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (COEMBS)
Dr. Chris Cobourn is a Bariatric and General Surgeon, currently serving as the Medical Director & Surgeon at the SmartShape Weight Loss Centre in Mississauga, Canada.
Dr. Cobourn is a pioneer of laparoscopic surgery in the Mississauga area, introducing the technique to the area in 1991. Dr. Cobourn, who has full hospital privileges at the Trillium Health Partners, is an expert in not only bariatric surgery, but also gallbladder removal, hernia repair and advanced bowel surgery. In addition to advanced laparoscopic surgery, he also specializes in Surgical Oncology, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic surgery.
Dr. Cobourn is active in international organizations and conferences, including serving on expert committees and panels to establish worldwide practices for bariatric surgery. In 2011, he was invited to speak at the 2nd Annual Obesity Summit and the XVI World Congress of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders, both prestigious speaking roles. He is also accredited as a Centre of Excellence Surgeon in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery by the Surgical Review Corporation.
For more information on Dr. Chris Cobourn, visit his LinkedIn profile.
About Our Medical Advisory Council & Contributors
Nothing is more important than your health, so it is critical that health information you use comes from only the most trusted sources. All health information included on the Bariatric Surgery Source website has been written or thoroughly reviewed by practicing healthcare professionals, which includes highly respected bariatric surgeons, nurses, and dietitians across the United States, Canada, and Australia.
- Five-Year Weight Loss Experience of Outpatients Receiving Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band Surgery
- Insights into proximal pouch dilatation following adjustable gastric banding–a form of inattentional blindness?
- Exploration of Esophageal Hiatus: Does Crural Repair Reduce Proximal Pouch Distension?
- Risk of gastric pouch enlargement with adjustable gastric banding in premenopausal women: sex hormones may play a role.
- Morbidity in patients with or at high risk for obstructive sleep apnea after ambulatory laparoscopic gastric banding.
Reviewed Articles on Bariatric Surgery Source
Request a Free Insurance Check
Fill out the below form for a free insurance check performed in partnership with your local bariatric surgeon.