Bariatric Surgery Source’s free eBook for weight loss surgery patients is a condensed version of the Bariatric Surgery Source website 700+ pages of surgeon-reviewed research. It contains only the most essential information you need to know in order to succeed before and after weight loss surgery.
Click here to start reading or scroll down for helpful tips on how to use the eBook.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Click on any of the topics below to jump directly to that section
- Tips For Using The E-Book
- About The Free eBook
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Patient Experience and Expert Advice
- Find a Weight Loss Surgeon
- 6 Top Tips
Following are some important navigation tips to help you get the most out of our free eBook for weight loss surgery patients…
- Access this eBook anywhere, from any platform– PC, laptop, tablet or smart phone
- Reading options – You can read this from start to finish like a regular book or you can jump around to only the sections that interest you
- Blue text is clickable – click the blue text to access information outside of the eBook or to jump around to different sections of the book
- Table of Contents – Use the Table of Contents to jump to your section of interest
- Navigation/Reading Options in the Bottom & Top Menus – When reading, click the buttons above and below the free eBook for weight loss surgery patients (button locations depend on which device you are using) to…
- Access Table of Contents
- Open Thumbnail View (see all pages as thumbnail images)
- Bookmark a page and take notes for later reference
- Share information via social media
- Search the eBook for a keyword or phrase
- Switch to full screen view (press your Esc key to exit full screen view)
- Zoom in or out (for smartphone or tablet users, this can be done by pinching your screen)
- Want more information about any topic in this eBook for weight loss surgery patients? Chances are, the Bariatric Surgery Source website (this website) has what you’re looking for. We have well over 700 pages of published research and patient/surgeon Questions and Answers available, completely free of charge. Click the Bariatric Surgery Source link at the top or bottom of any page in the book to visit us online.
Finally, please click here to let us know what you think of this guide we created this eBook completely free of charge for you, the prospective or current weight loss surgery patient, and your feedback is very important to us. Please help us make it better!
- Condensed Version of the Entire Website
Bariatric Surgery Source (this website) is the most comprehensive educational resource for weight loss surgery (WLS) patients on the Internet. We help prospective patients determine whether surgery is a good option, find the right surgical team and set, achieve and maintain specific and realistic health and weight loss goals.
We understand that you are making or have already made a serious, life-changing decision. To succeed, you need thorough and accurate information that applies to your situation. Through the guidance of our Advisory Council of top practicing surgeons and bariatric professionals, Bariatric Surgery Source – and this eBook for weight loss surgery patients – will provide you with the most extensively researched, unbiased and up-to-date information and recommendations relating to every aspect of obesity and bariatric surgery.
The Bariatric Surgery Patient Essential Guidebook is a condensed version of the Bariatric Surgery Source website 700+ pages of published research. It contains only the most essential information you need to know in order to succeed before and after weight loss surgery, including:
- Qualifying for Surgery
- What to (Realistically) Expect from Surgery (including Weight Loss, Health Improvement, Official Statements from Trusted Organizations, Risks & Complications & Challenges
- Established Bariatric Surgery Procedures (Your Main Surgical Options including Gastric Bypass, Gastric Banding (Lap Band), Duodenal Switch, Gastric Sleeve & a Summary Comparison of the 4 Established Procedures
- Financial Considerations (including Cost by Procedure, Insurance, Financing Options, Discounts, Savings Opportunities & Other Financial Considerations)
- How to Find & Choose a Surgeon
- Preparing for Surgery Day (including checklists for 3 to 6 Months Out,
- 2 Weeks Out & Your Hospital Stay)
- What to Expect During Your Hospital Stay
- Recovering from Surgery (including Diet, Healing, Short-Term Difficulties & Side-Effects)
- Life After Surgery (including Weight & Health, Diet, Exercise, Support Groups, Relationships, Plastic Surgery (to Remove Excess Skin) & Weight Regain
Our eBook for weight loss surgery patients will be continually updated as new research and information becomes available.
- Answers for all platforms
You have a few options depending on the type of device you are using…
- PC (requires Adobe flash player):
- Click here to download the publication.exe file
- Click “Run” when prompted
- Mac – While iPhones and iPads are supported (see below), Macs currently are not.
- iOs (e.g. iPhone, iPad, etc)
- Tap in the middle of the online version of the eBook
- In the bottom menu that pops up, click the “Share” arrow in the middle
- Click “Open in FlippingBook Reader” (you’ll need to download the FlippingBook App)
- Android (e.g. Samsung Galaxy, etc.)
- Click here to access the FlippingBook Reader in Google Play.
- Click the “Install” button
- Patient Experiences
- Ask the expert
If you still have questions about blood clot symptoms, our experts are happy to answer them. We (and other patients) would also love to hear about your experiences.
Please use the form below to share your experience or ask a question.
Questions From Other Visitors*
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page.