Peter F. Rovito, MD, FACS
Table of Contents
- Pioneering Bariatric Surgeon in Pennsylvania’s Lehigh Valley
- Published articles in at least six medical journals
- Serves on the Surgical Education Committee at Lehigh Valley Hospital
Experience as a Bariatric Surgeon
Dr. Peter F. Rovito, MD, FACS is the most experienced bariatric surgeon in Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania. For many years he was the only surgeon in the area who performed bariatric surgery, introducing the Vertical Banded Gastroplasty to Lehigh Valley early in his career.
As technology improved the Gastric Bypass procedure was developed. Dr. Rovito received comprehensive training in the procedure and was the first surgeon to perform the procedure in Lehigh Valley.
Dr. Rovito has authored numerous articles in respected peer-reviewed medical and surgical journals, including Surgical Rounds, Archives of Surgery, Journal of Obesity Surgery, Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, American Journal of Surgery and Journal of the American College of Surgery.
He has also served on the Surgical Education Committee at Lehigh Valley Hospital since 1988.
For more on Dr. Rovito, please visit his website.
Dr. Rovito received his BA in General Arts and Sciences from Pennsylvania State University in 1976. After undergrad, Dr. Rovito was a Masters Candidate in Biology at Bloomsburg University from 1977 to 1979 and then received his medical degree from Temple University Medical School in 1983.
Reviewed Articles on Bariatric Surgery Source
- Complications of Gastric Bypass Surgery – 22 Potential Problems
- Dumping Syndrome – All You Need to Know
- Dying from Gastric Bypass Surgery (it’s very unlikely!) – All You Need to Know
- Gastric Bypass Before and After Pictures & How Life Will Change
- Gastric Bypass Requirements – How to Qualify and Insurance
- Gastric Bypass Revision Surgery – 6 Options
- Gastric Bypass Side Effects – The 9 Most Common
- Gastric Plication Surgery – 14 Ways It Will Affect You
- Lap-Band Vs Gastric Bypass – All You Need to Know
- Vertical Banded Gastroplasty (“Stomach Stapling”) – All You Need to Know
- Weight Gain After Gastric Bypass Surgery – 7 Ways to Fix It
Expert Responses on Bariatric Surgery Source
Request a Free Insurance Check
Fill out the below form for a free insurance check performed in partnership with your local bariatric surgeon.